March is Women's History Month, and there is much to celebrate. Asian American women have a long and storied history in this country, from the indentured servants who built the transcontinental railroads to the important impact they've had on the world of business, including Silicon Valley, Fortune 500 companies, and the highest levels of government.
On March 24th, USPAACC Western Region will partner with WBEC-Pacific to recognize SHEroes - Asian American women in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion space in major corporations and Asian American Women Entrepreneurs.
Join us at the Plug and Play Tech Center for inspiring conversations, networking, and commemoration.
Roundtable Discussion with Corporations
A roundtable discussion will take place during the event. Major corporate sponsors will host roundtable discussions in an intimate setting with small businesses to discuss opportunities and procurement trends. Small businesses will have opportunities to introduce their capability and network with the corporations.
When you check in at the registration at 2 pm, you will draw a table assignment for a corporate roundtable. Space is limited. The earlier you arrive at the event, the better your chances are to be at these corporate tables.
Early Bird Registration & Discount for USPAACC and WBEC members
Early Bird Registration is available till March 10, 2022!
If you are a USPAACC or WBEC member, you will receive a discount code to get another $25 off. If you are not yet a member, consider joining us!
2:00 - 2:30 pm Welcome Check-in and Sign-up for Roundtable Discussions (First come, first served. Spots are limited to a maximum of 8 seats per table.)
2:30 - 3:30 pm Introductions and Opening remarks by chapter presidents followed by corporate guest speakers, and the Award Ceremony recognizing SHEroes 2022 Trailblazers
For Women's History Month this year, USPAACC Western Region will partner with WBEC-Pacific to recognize SHEroes:
(1) Asian American women in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion space in major corporations
- Lily Kwan, Senior Manager, Racial Equality & Justice Taskforce- Purchasing, Salesforce
- Kathleen Wong, Supplier Diversity Lead, Adobe
(2) Asian American women entrepreneurs who solved critical problems, found and scaled up their business
- Sonal Puri, Chief Executive Officer, Webscale (Cloud Solution)
- Dr. Sophia Yen, Chief Executive Officer, Pandia Health (Women's Health)
- Nina Luu, Founder & CEO, Shippabo (Supply Chain)
3:30 - 4:00 pm Networking including an open bar and hors d’oeuvres
4:00 - 4:30 pm Roundtable Discussions with Corporate Allies & Networking Continues
- Each supplier will have 1 minute to introduce their business to the group
- Corporate representatives will host a conversation on opportunities with their corporations
- Limited spots! The earlier you register online and check in at the event, the more opportunity you have to join a roundtable
Table hosts in company alphabetical order are:
- Adobe, Kathleen Wong, Supplier Diversity Lead
- CalWater, Jose Gabriel Espinoza, Supplier Diversity Program Manager
- Chase, Laura Higgins, Head of Supplier Relationship Management
- Meta, Jason Trimiew, Director, Global Supplier Diversity
- PG&E, David Pell & Jess English, Supply Chain Responsibility Consultant, Expert
- Salesforce, Lili Kwan, Senior Manager, Racial Equality & Justice Taskforce- Purchasing
- Wells Fargo, Christopher Galang, Senior Leader, Diverse Small Business Organization
4:30 - 5:00 pm Networking Continues
5:00 - 5:30 pm Raffle Drawing – You must be present to win!
5:30 pm Event Conclusion
Thanks to our sponsors who make this event possible!
Event Platinum Sponsor Chase | National Microgrant Sponsor Wells Fargo
Event Gold Sponsor Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
Event Silver Sponsor Meta | Softpath System, LLC
Event Jewel Sponsor ASTUTE | CMIT Solutions, LLC | Major Market Broadcasting
COVID-19 Vaccination and Test Requirements
For the safety and health of our participants, we ask for your vaccination status during the registration process. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be requested to show a valid test result when you check in at the event. You will be requested to wear a mask in the indoor environment during the event.